Thursday, March 2, 2017

World Book Day 2017

Today is WORLD BOOK DAY!!! 😃 Am just loving all these "World Days" 😀

My sis-in-love, Dola Fashola, buzzed me on whatsapp this afternoon asking me to kindly write a review on her book via Amazon, that today is World Book Day. Trust me, I went straight to the 'www' to research 😀

World Book Day or World Book and Copyright Day (also known as International Day of the Book or World Book Days) is a yearly event on April 23rd, organized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), to promote reading, publishing and copyright. In the United Kingdom, the day is recognized on the first Thursday in March. World Book Day was celebrated for the first time on 23 April 1995. In the United Kingdom, World Book Day is held annually on the first Thursday in March, as 23 April clashes with Easter school holidays; 23 April is also the National Saint's Day of England, St George's Day. (Culled from Wikipedia) This year is UK World Book Day's 20th Anniversary 😊

My sis-in-love, who lives in the UK, explained that children in the UK go to school dressed as a book character. My little cute smart niece was dressed as Doc McStuffins 😃 She looked really cute! 😍
 Ain't she cute!!! 😍

So which book character would you love to dress as? 😊 I would like to be dressed as "Little Red Riding Hood" 😀

Do check out and patronize my sis-in-love's lovely children book titled: The Way God Intended Me to Be!. And do leave a review, if you have read it already. Thank you!!! 😊


#worldbookday20



No comments:

Post a Comment