Monday, March 6, 2017

#SMWLagos - Social Media Week Lagos 5


This year, I made up my mind that I am going to attend events that are going to be instrumental to my life. And Social Media Week Lagos did just that! ๐Ÿ˜Š

In February, I joined a campaign Month of Letters where I had to send post cards every week in the month of February to random people and friends.
 Postcards Posting at NIPOST

I ordered post cards from Lagos Laidbac and their Founder, Chuck Nwachukwu, informed me that they would be hosting a session on Tourism at the Social Media Week. That caught my attention. So I went to SMW Lagos website and registered for my Campus Pass. My major focus was on the #TravelAfricaDay session which was on Tuesday, February 28, 2017.


These are the following programs that held during the SWM Tourism #TravelAfricaDay:

Personalizing the African Traveler’s Experience Through Technology hosted by Afro Tourism West Africa

Social Media & Nigerian Tourism: Bridging the Gap, Telling the Stories hosted by Social Prefect Tours

Travel the New Nigeria hosted by TVP Adventures 

 Driving Tourism… The Tech Advantage hosted by Lagos LaidBac

I was blow away by these sessions! I learnt a lot about how Social Media has made a huge impact in pushing and developing the tourism industry in Nigeria and Africa. And of course, there was a lot of networking and new relationships formed during these sessions ๐Ÿ˜‰

It was great hanging out with these Tourism Gurus at the SMWTourism session ๐Ÿ˜Š
1st Roll Left-Right: Lola Daniyan, Founder of Unravellingnigeria; Amarachi Ekekwe, Travel Writer of Travel With A Pen; Chiamaka Obuekwe, Co-Founder and CEO of Social Prefect Tours
2nd Roll Left-Right: Nneka Agbim, Founder of N.X. Tours; Funmi Oyatogun, Founder of TVPAdventures and Raly of Raly's Rubys
3rd Roll Left-Right: Damola Idowu, Founder of IrinAjo; Tolu of Travelotus and Chuck Nwachukwu, Founder of Lagos Laidbac

There were others SMWLagos sessions I attended in the course of the week:

On Monday, February 27, I attended just one session: Become a Kick-Ass Tech Mum! hosted by Mofolusade Sonaike of Mompreneur.ng
 A cross-section of Mumpreneurs-to-be ๐Ÿ˜ Can you spot moi with my 'fro yo! ๐Ÿ˜
Photo Credit: Mumpreneur
The KickAss Mum Panel. They were as real as the realest!!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Photo Credit: Mumpreneur

On Wednesday, March 1, I attended the following events:
Emoji Africa: Creating One Language for Africans hosted by Playhouse Communication Ltd

SMW Lagos 2018 Loading… where I met with the charming Ndada Vaz, the Director of Communications of Social Media Week Lagos ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hair We Go: Technology & The Natural Hair Movement hosted by Savvy & Chic Hair Beauty Hub ltd.

 Check out the Natural Hair Mamas! ๐Ÿ˜‰ With the beautiful, Daboju Ogboru, Creative Director of Savvy Chic Hair Beauty Hub

On Friday, March 3, I attended New Language: Technology and the Future of Film Distribution and Marketing in Nigeria hosted by Sodas N Popcorn Hub 
 
With my little sister, Ifunanya Uzowulu, Co-Founder/Chief Operating Officer and her partner, Awojide Olumuyiwa Sylvester, Founder of Sodas n Popcorn Hub. See me famzing!!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž


My friend and sister, Naomi Osemedua of The Sparkle with Naomi Company hosted her own session titled Find Your Sparkle!
 
With my Sparkling Sister,  Naomi Osemedua  ๐Ÿ’ซ

And our On-line Guru, Stephanie Obi, also hosted her session titled  Create Your First Online Course

With the Phenomenal Stephanie Obi

Social Media Lagos Week has shown us that Social Media is a powerful tool that helps businesses thrive, as long as you know how to use some of the platforms well. For example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap Chat, Periscope, Pinterest and many more.

Abeg make una keep your eyes peeled out for me next year, o! ๐Ÿ˜Ž Am going to have my own session and be on some very interesting and impactful panels ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜ So biko don't miss SMWLagos 2018 ๐Ÿ˜‰

 SMWLagos 2018 Loading....๐Ÿ˜‰

#SMWLagos 

1 comment: