Monday, August 22, 2016

RIO 2016 Olympics

So RIO 2016 Olympics has come and gone??? Na wa,o! 16 days of upbeat sporting activities! This is the first Olympics I would actually seat down and try and watch all the sport games. From diving to swimming to weight lifting (all my hubby's favorite) to gymnastics (my favorite) to synchronizing (both diving and swimming) to athletics to football and many more. It was a jammed packed Olympics. And I heard they would be adding more games in the next one *whew*

This Olympics saw athletes breaking and making new world records. It also saw some making history, such as Usain Bolt, Micheal Phelps, Simeon Biles and many more. United States topped the list for the most gold and most medals, followed by Great Britain and China. My dear country, Nigeria, got only one medal, bronze from football. While the host nation, Brazil did well by winning seven gold medals, their most in any past Summer Olympics.

NIGERIA AT THE OPENING CEREMONY AT RIO 2016

RIO 2016 OLYMPIC MOM
Once again Procter & Gamble launched a "Thank You, Mom" campaign for Rio 2016 to celebrate mothers of Olympians. Watch their "Thank You, Mom - Strong" video.


Like I mentioned above, Gymnastics is my best Olympic game and I try not to ever miss it. Watching the likes of Simeon Biles and her fellow gymnasts from around the world jumping, swinging and somersaulting was amazing!!! Gabriella Douglas, who was the first African-American woman in Olympic history to become the individual all-around champion, inspired my dream of wanting my daughter(s) to try gymnastics...if they don't mind *giggles*. I recently came across Arat Hosseini - check him out here, here and here (I actually taught he was a girl...lol!) Awesome gymnast! He is going to be a World Champion and Olympic Champion gymnast,o! My daughter dey follow suit o!!! *shines teeth* #aspiringolympicmomdreams 
RIO 2016 OLYMPIC MEDALS: Wouldn't it be great to have one  all of my kids win an plenty Olympic medals? Gold medals in fact!!! *winks*

RIO 2016, to me, did justice with the 31st Olympics. Both the Opening and Closing ceremonies, which I stayed awake to watch, 2am and 11pm respectively (difference of time zone saga) were colorful and very entertaining.

The 32nd Olympics would hold in JAPAN 2020! Hello Kitty...Manga Cartoons like Captain Tsubasa aka Captain Majid...iconic game character, Super Mario (both bring back child hood memories)...High-Tech...Robots...Ninjas are some of what we should be experiencing with JAPAN 2020. Hopefully, my family and I would make it live at JAPAN 2020 *fingers crossed* It would be an awesome experience staying in Tokyo and rocking the Olympics *shines teeth*

Well done to all the RIO 2016 athletes! Four years of training and making it to the Olympics is no joke, whether you won a medal or not. *fistbump*

1 comment:

  1. There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting world.

    It's been said that any bettor needs to look at this,

    Watch this now or quit betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Robotic Sports Betting Software

    ReplyDelete