Monday, September 14, 2015

Bino & Fino: The African Educational Cartoon

I grew up watching educational programs such as Sesame Street and BBC Children Programs. They really helped with building up my childhood. But when I look back, I can't recall any nice authentic educational children's program that promoted the African culture. Bino & Fino has come to change that! I'm so glad because I want my son and his future siblings to have an educational upbringing of our African culture. I have actually written about Bino & Fino before on my blog. I am just glad to see how it has upgraded and affected not only Africa but the whole world.

BINO & FINO

Bino and Fino is an African educational cartoon from Nigeria about a brother and sister who live in a modern day city in Africa. In each episode Bino and Fino, with the help of their friend Zeena the Magic Butterfly and their family, discover and learn things about Africa and the world. The show is for children mainly between the ages of 3 and 6. The series show aspects of: African Culture, African History, African Geography and much more. The show was created for parents who were finding it difficult to find positive, fun, educational content about Africa for their children to watch. The creator of the show is Nigerian, Adamu Waziri. The show is produced by EVCL which is an animation studio based in Abuja, Nigeria. 


I can't wait to get a copy of both DVDs and also their dolls. Looking forward to my children learning about their continent and its diverse cultures. I, too, am looking forward to learning a lot from Bino, Fino, their family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment