Monday, February 2, 2015

The Wonders of World-schooling


I have actually considered home-schooling my children (There! I have finally said it! Lol!) Oya chill first na! Am sure you are all wondering, "Wetin dey do this woman?" ("What is wrong with this woman?" in Pidgin English). Well, it has been a thought "cooking" in my head (Thanks to my sweet, adventurous husband....lol!). But honestly guys, home-schooling is NOT a bad idea.
 
Anyway, I have a NEW inspiration....WORLD-SCHOOLING!!! *drumming* Lol! So what's "World-schooling"? It has been described as “when the whole world is your school, instead of school being your whole world.” This link here gives a lot of insight to the term.
 
I came about the term 'accidentally' while checking some information on line. These following links sparked up my interest: How we took our family of six around the world for a year and 12 Things My Children Learned While Worldschooling This Year
 
I have been doing a lot of research on Geography/Travel & Tourism for children. And I found something on A Child's History of the World and A Child's Geography of the World. Can't wait for my children to start reading and exploring the world with us! *smiles*
 
Here are some good reasons one can consider World schooling their children: 21 Reasons to Travel Around the World with Kids…From Those Who Have Done It.
 
LONELY PLANET BOOKS: The best World Travel books to read
 
Check out some Travel Family blogs and be inspired *wink*
 
 
 

 
 


 


 

3 comments:

  1. TeethNightGuard is providing personalized fitting and high quality customized teeth guards.

    ReplyDelete