Thursday, October 16, 2014

Black Ballerina Princesses

Pretty Black Ballerinas
 
Ballet has been something I wish I did when I was younger. I liked it so much that I use to pretend that I was a ballerina by trying to stand on my toes which ofcourse was difficult. Even when I used to play basket ball, my coaches would beg me to stop throwing the ball and standing on my toes like a ballerina.


  
Never really heard of a professional black ballerina until I read Michaela De Prince story. Very inspiring indeed. While checking more on her, I got to know about other professional black ballerinas like Misty Copeland, Lauren Anderson and many more.
 


 
I have always loved dancing. I can't hear a beat and not dance to it! Infact on my wedding day, I danced so much that I was nicknamed "The Dancing Bride". When I was little girl, if you asked me what I wanted to be, I'd say I wanted to be either a teacher, singer and/or a dancer.
 
Dancing is a magical thing. And it's nice to see how the concept of dancing has evolved over the years. I enjoy watching dance shows such as "So You Think You Can Dance", "Dancing With The Stars" and "Maltina Family Dance All". They give me an in-depth feel of what dance is all about. Most of these dancers have nothing else to live for but to dance. Some even say dance saved their lives!
 
So, let's dance & be merry!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment