Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kinky Exclusive!!!

For almost a year now, I have gone kinky and I love it! Keeping African natural hair is no easy “job” but it is so much fun especially when you’ve learnt how to take good care of it and learnt how to look good in it.

On my wedding day, I took a bold step to go natural. It gave me an exclusive look and I dare say “A bridal look with an exotic touch" *wink*


Thanks to my dear freind, sister and hairdresser, Chiwunma Akwiwu aka "Mama" or "Chewy" for the lovely 'artwork' she did on my wedding hair. She made my kinky hair 'the talk of the wedding'. She too is a kinky babe *wink*
Kinky Chewy Mama

One of my kinky inspirations is Nibi Lawson, Founder of “The Kinky Apothecary”. It’s great to see Nigerian ladies going natural these days. And it’s people like Nibi and her blog that have helped in encouraging it.
Some weekends ago, The Kinky Apothecary brand did a bit of a re-vamp which included modifying their logo, expanding their range of natural hair products and most importantly the launching of their first concession!

The Kinky Apothecary shop is now located in:

Address: L’Espace, 19a Olosa Street, Off Karimu Kotun, Victoria Island, Lagos
Opening Hours: Monday (CLOSED), Tuesday-Saturday (11am-8pm), Sunday (12-6pm)
For enquiries: L’Espace Hotline – 07028028960
E-mail: kinky.apothecary@gmail.com

So join the kinky world! And to do so make sure you stop by at The Kinky Apothecary shop at L’Espace to get your ‘kinky world’ going.

Check out their kinky products and price list: Shop The Apothecary (Click)





11 comments:

  1. Chewy d creative hand behind the awesome wedding hairdo! Topnotch work sis :)
    Me, if I go natural, my hair go chop finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahhaa...she added me oo! Aww :D

    It was an honour to be your hair dresser #GoKinky!

    Ify, don't worry, ur hair will not chop. :) I pray I have all it takes to do what I ought to with this hair talent sha. It is well.

    God bless u all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks so much for the mention, Nnenna, and for sharing the post on the page! You looked gorgeous! I'll share the post on the page as well, so that it is visible to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: LOVE that first picture with the raised eyebrow. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job mama. trying to go kinky too. hope my hair ends up as lovely as u guys'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooooooooow. Chiwuma... I feel like going Kinky for the rest of my life wiv this... Guess my sis has carried the cross. But the Bridal hair on Nene...KUDOS!!! This is a good business line. But Architect Chiwuma no go gree.

    ReplyDelete