Friday, July 6, 2012

Ten Little Fingers & Ten Little Toes

Three Babies' Bum
Babies...babies...babies everywhere!!!!! Makes me want to be a MUMMY!!!! *smiling*

A few days ago, a friend called me and said "Nene, I want you to write a blog on babies" I said, "Babies???". And he said 'Yes', that he believed I would be the best person to write on a topic like that, and I just laughed. Well, here I am writing on BABIES!!! @Tunde Amoo - Happy now?

Funny enough, babies have been "hovering" around me since the first half of this year. Already about three of my friends have given birth and about three of them are pregnant!!! What a joy!!! Last year was weddings...weddings...WEDDINGS!!! This year is babies...babies...BABIES!!!

Coincidentally, just last week, my friend, John Oamen & his beautiful wife, Victoria gave birth to Royal Twins; a boy and a girl!!! What a miracle! The babies are beautiful!!! Congratulations to THE OAMENS!
The Royal Oamens

My friend, Tunde sent a link with babies...babies...BABIES!!! I believe that is where he got the inspiration for the baby write-up. Its a link to a website created by Anne Geddes, an Australian-born photographer. She is known for her stylized depictions of "babies" and "motherhood". Typical images show babies or young children dressed as fairies and fairytale creatures, flowers, or small animals. She has described herself as "a baby freak". I think I have finally found someone who is more freakish about babies than me. Infact, someone once told me if ever he is looking for his baby girl, he knows who kidnapped her....ME! And someone once walked up to me and said "You need to go have your OWN baby", while carrying someone else's. I just laughed. And I sure will! *wink*

Click and enjoy Anne Geddes' baby photos.

Check out my favorite baby photos of her work, I title it "The Three Babies":

 Three Babies in Tins

 Three Sunflower Babies

 Three Orange Babies

Three Babies in a Bowl

"To every expectant mother, trusting God for such beautiful 'Ten little fingers....Ten little toes, His discharged angels to bless you with them" Amen to that! That's a prayer specially written by Tunde Amoo to all expetant mummies like meeeee!


5 comments:

  1. @Q - Looking forward to holding my "god-child" *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are really cute.
    Congrats to the Oamens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. am so gonna have twins! thank God it runs in d fam! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. TeethNightGuard is offering precise fitting and high quality customized dental protectors.

    ReplyDelete