Friday, November 19, 2010

Sound of Music: 45 Years Later

Sometime last month I took a ride with my Naija-Aussie friend and we were reminiscing about the 'olden days' movies and cartoons. We sang alot of classical oldies from Disney movies and some of the movies of old. Gosh! They don't make such lovely movies and cartoons any more (a sad face).

One of the oldies movies that got us singing on top of our lungs while my friend drove with precaution (the windows were wound up...worry not...lol!) was "The Sound of Music". That got me browsing the internet for the cast the next day. I found out that they were going to appear on Oprah's Show on Friday, October 29, 2010. I actually put an alarm for it to remind me. But unfortunately I could not watch it that day.

There are some movies that bring back beautiful childhood memories. I know for sure that my own children are going to watch the Sound of Music. It's the kind of family movie that does not disappear....if you know what I mean. After 45 years, people still watch it. Infact recently I found out that my brother had the movie on his labtop. As I watched and sang along, I could not help smiling to myself. It's one of the longest movies I have watched so far. But you could stay glued to it till it ends!

Check out Oprah's website with details of the Sound of Music crew on her show.

Right now, as I write this, am listening to some of the movies popular songs like "Do-Re-Mi", "Sixteen Going on Seventeen", "My Favorite Things", "Edelweiss", "The Lonely Goatherd", "So Long, Farewell", "Maria" as well as the title song "The Sound of Music". Sigh.....Doesn't it make you to want to be a child again????

Sing-Along with me:


Lyrics Sound Of Music - Do-Re-Mi lyrics

Check out the Cast - Then and Now:

THEN


NOW

4 comments:

  1. awww..guess u shud do one on oldies disney cartoons!! rmbr dose?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,o! Once am in that "Disney Mood", I'd write about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i love this movie.....i cant even count how many times i have seen it. Nice post.

    check out my blog:
    http://maniswhatheeats-food.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. n yeah!!! iv gt it on my laptop! :)

    ReplyDelete