Monday, October 4, 2010

Music & Arts: The Nexus.

A friend of mine and I were invited as guest artists for an upcoming Leadership program. For weeks, both of us have being cracking our brains for an inspirational song to sing on that day. So I decided to google something on leadership songs. And I came across India Aries' "Strength, Courage and Wisdom". As I was scrolling through youtube to see if I could find the video (that was my first time of hearing the song and I like it!), I bumped into Steven Lopez's video on "After Midnight 6: Inida Arie "Strength, Courage and Widom".

Now let me explain why this video caught my attention...the artworks and musical blending!!! The idea behind the video was while he was painting a particular artist, he plays one of the artist's song in the background. I was spellbound! I love how he picks his favourite part of each artists' song and writes it as the background. Neat.

Now you see why art and music have a bond! Talk about Fashion and music....that's an artistic bond, too!!! *wink*

Check out Steven Lopez website. Great artworks, I'd say.
Also Check Steven Lopez out on Artwork Magazine Online.

Well, enjoy Steven Lopez video of Inida Arie's "Strength, Courage and Widom".

After Midnight 6: India Arie "Strength, Courage and Wisdom"

Check Out some of the artworks of other Celebrity artists.

India Arie


Tina Tuner


Jill Scott


Erykah Badu


Minnie Ripperton

2 comments:

  1. ahn ahn! keke u neva tld me abt ds!! gud goin sis!!! plus...love d caricatture! hmm..noticd 4 outta 5 are on 'fro..na so yr craze reach? lolz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear sista, na so e be,o!!!
    I noticed that too. I guess I wud soon listen to only artists that wear Fro's music....lol!

    ReplyDelete