Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Breast Cancer - The Female Killer

I have been thinking for the past few days about writing on Breast Cancer. But I was thinking I was not ready to write about it. Today, I read on This Day Newspaper about a female lawyer who was dignosed with cancer and I freaked out. She is okay now, thank God....But it got me thinking again.....

Some months ago my younger sister was complaining about a lump on her breast and trust me...I freaked out! But thank God it was not what I thought. Unfortunately for me, she was thinking the same thing...Breast Cancer. That got us thinking of going for Breast Cancer check up...and even for HIV check up,too.

Just last week I was scanning through some old Genevive Magazines. It's good to know that Betty Irabor and her team are doing a good job in creating Breast Cancer Awareness through the Pink Ball event. I also like the way she gets people who have been involved with this dreadful disease either as victims or through loved ones to share their experiences with us. I have a very dear friend of mine who lost her mother to breast cancer. I mean they had to cut off one of her mother's breasts while going through therapy. It hurts me when I remember it.

I really don't have much to say about this dreadful disease that's killing my female counterparts. All I can advise is for every female to try and go for a check up. Prevention is better than cure.

If any of you knows where someone can have a Breast Cancer check up, do give us a contact or/and a link.

Stay Safe!

"STAND UP TO CANCER" got some famous female artist to do a song for their concert. When I hear this song, it makes me smile and also to want to help fight away cancer. Enjoy....listen to the lyrics....very inspiring....




"JUST STAND UP" by Various Female Artists for "Stand Up To Cancer" Concert.Featuring Mariah Carey, Beyoncé, Mary J. Blige, Rihanna, Fergie, Sheryl Crow, Miley Cyrus, Melissa Etheridge, Ashanti, Natasha Bedingfield, Keyshia Cole, Ciara, Leona Lewis, LeAnn Rimes, and Carrie Underwood.

1 comment:

  1. I think an address is given on genevive magazine on where to do a check up.

    ReplyDelete